Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Today was a good day

1) I am now a funded primary investigator. I got my first grant! For small stuff - curriculum upgrades to my biochemistry courses, but it will help my research too. Baby steps. Plus, I'm hot shit because I got a grant and no one in my dept has gotten one in years...

2) I was also contacted by administration to be in a photo shoot for promotional materials for the university. I am a MODEL. That's right! I set up our biochemistry lab to do the 'prettiest' science - we did a flame test, used various methods for moving around colored water, and looked at some proteins stained on a little glass plate. It was awesome! Many, many pictures later, they told me we were awesome!


3) How do you fix vegan cornbread? Add butter.


I made this recipe sans egg: Healthier Honey Corn Muffins.

I wanted egg in it, but I didn't have any and was starving. I used chia seeds instead, and it was close to the real thing. A little crumbly, but DELICIOUS. With salmon and a salad, it was a great end to a great day!

Do you have good news? Share it!

2 comments:

  1. I got my FIRST EVER job, and I 'officially' started this week (on paper)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Yisheng guided me here. I'm glad to say: Good job, Congratulations!

    Ke

    ReplyDelete